We are a group of teen Urban Exploration enthusiasts living in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The name “WATA” is a collection of our initials. Though we started as a group of 4(hence the name), due to personal reasons, 2 of the initial members do not go Urban exploring with us anymore, hence, it is often just TA more than WATA. Exploration done by the full group will be signed by WATA, if done by just 2, it will be signed in a similar fashion. I, A2, handle the blog and the other domain(I will get to that in a minute).
Our instruments of choice for exploration include, but are not restricted to:
- Nikon D3200 with 18-55 mm standard lens
- Manfrotto mini tripod
- Canon 1000D with 18-55mm standard lens
- Speedlite EXII
- 2 Mediocre Flashlights
- SPERIAN N95/N9105 Particle filters
- Caterpillar gloves
- Of course, basic knowledge of the locations and what to expect, etc.
Though we are relatively limited our instruments and locations to visit compared to the Urban explorers from other regions around the world, our ambition is not. I quite reckon that we are one of the (possibly) 2-3 dedicated urban exploration groups in this entire region.
We abide by the rules of Urban exploration worldwide, most importantly:
- Leave only footprints.
- Capture only images, take no souvenirs.
- Do not share information to the Public about location specifics (this is due to the fact that these locations often become targets for Drug addicts and arsonists).
We also also post images and respond personally on our Reddit handle, which is http://www.Reddit.com/u/therealWATA , where you can also PM us for any questions.